Are you passionate about making your next organisation an outstanding place to work? Then why don’t you join us at Appointedd on our mission to power a world where anything, or anyone, can be booked in as little as two taps.
Appointedd was born in 2011 when our founder and CEO, Leah, then a busy magazine editor, found herself unable to book an appointment with her hairdressers (and who hasn’t been there?) She saw a gap in the market for an easy online booking system. From that idea, Appointedd has grown into an industry-leading product, powering everything from small hairdressers to multi-national household names, and supported by a team of 33+ ambitious, talented people based in and around Edinburgh.
Here at Appointedd, we’re on a mission to be recognised as the best online booking system in the world by enabling anything, or anyone, to be booked (or requested) in as little as two taps!
About the Job
We’re looking for an HR & Operations Specialist to join our Operations team and work closely with our COO to grow our team and make our HR & Operations scalable.
Are you what we’re looking for?
This is an opportunity to become a pivotal member of our Operations team as we scale to support the growing Appointedd team.
You will contribute to the operations of Appointedd by:
- Managing the full cycle of recruitment from sourcing, to interviewing, to offer and beyond
- Coordinating inductions: arranging equipment, conducting induction meetings, co-ordinating initial set up and training
- Being the first point of contact in answering day-to-day employee relations queries
- Ensuring accuracy and quality in all maintained HR documentation and employee records
- Managing our Edinburgh based office for our hybrid
- Organising team events that support team culture and focusing on employee engagement, wellbeing and experience.
- You have relevant experience or a qualification in personnel administration and knowledge of HR compliance
- You want to take ownership of your workload and make a measurable impact
- You care deeply about peoples’ needs and have the drive to lay the foundations for an outstanding HR department
- You're always thinking about how to do things quicker and better and live for automation and continuous improvement
- You are passionate about employer branding and see the benefits of this for an organisation.
- Flexible working policy to support work/life integration – we have a 35hr work week and our core hours are 10am-2pm. You can manage your time outside that however you wish
- EMI Share Options scheme – all Appointedd team members have Share Options so they can directly benefit in the success of the business
- Private Healthcare – access to private healthcare, mental health support and a number of additional perks available through Vitality Health
- All the equipment you need to do your job – we work on Apple equipment and will provide everything you need
- Anywhere Working – all employees have the opportunity to work from anywhere for four weeks of the year to spend time with family or just explore
- Mentoring, training, access to our Learning & Development Hub and regular 1:1s to support your personal development
- 28 days holidays that can be taken whenever you'd like (subject to notice and team clashes!)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave policies
- Regular team social events – either in-person or virtually when needed
- Quarterly employee recognition award for those who have gone above and beyond
- Borrow My Doggy premium membership to ensure you've always got a Best Friend on hand should you need it
- Premium access to CharlieHR Perks at Work programme
This is an entry-level position with salary banding from £21,000 to £25,000 dependent on experience.