Here at Appointedd, we’re on a mission to be recognised as the best online booking system in the world by enabling anything, or anyone, to be booked (or requested) in as little as two taps! 🌎 Are you passionate about building great products with a supportive team? If you are, read on to find out more!
We're currently only looking for candidates in and near the Scotland area. 🏴
Appointedd was born in 2011 when our founder and CEO, Leah, then a busy magazine editor, found herself unable to book an appointment with her hairdressers (and who hasn’t been there?). She saw a gap in the market for an easy online booking system. From that idea, Appointedd has grown into an industry-leading product, powering everything from small hairdressers to multi-national household names, and supported by a team of 33+ ambitious, talented people based in and around Edinburgh.
About the Job
We’re looking for talented Software Engineers to join our tight-knit team and help take our product to the next level. Our engineers come from a diverse variety of backgrounds, with several without a Computer Science background. If you have a passion for building great software, we’d love to chat to you. 🙌
What technologies do we use?
You will contribute to the development and maintenance of Appointedd by:
- Applying your Node.js and TypeScript experience on the back-end.
- Helping to maintain and migrate from some of our legacy (PHP, Angular) systems to our modern infrastructure.
- Using ReactJS and TypeScript to contribute to our modern front-end application code.
- Ensuring robustness using automated testing with Jest.
- Leaning on your knowledge of MongoDB for data storage.
- Building and maintaining our AWS infrastructure using CDK.
- Contributing to regular product deployments via Github Actions CI.
- Attuning to our product development methodology, based on Shape up.
- You are interested in building the world’s best online booking system!
- You want full ownership of your workload whilst being backed by a supportive team.
- You care deeply about user experience and satisfaction.
- You want to be empowered to explore and experiment in a supportive environment.
- You want to be part of a company that values personal and professional development.
- Flexible working policy to support work/life integration – we have a 35hr work week and our core hours are 10am-2pm. You can manage your time outside that however you wish.
- EMI Share Options scheme – all Appointedd team members have Share Options so they can directly benefit in the success of the business.
- All the equipment you need to do your job – we work on Apple equipment and will provide everything you need.
- Mentoring, training, and regular 1:1s to support your personal development.
- 28 days holidays that can be taken whenever you’d like (subject to notice and team clashes!).
- Regular team social events – either in-person or virtually when needed.
- Borrow My Doggy premium membership to ensure you’ve always got a Best Friend on hand should you need it 😉
- Premium access to CharlieHR Perks at Work programme.
- £40,000 to £50,000, the banding is wide to accommodate different levels of experience.